What you tell your friends you are doing
“Ensure that Syngenta manages its chemicals in the best possible and most safe way”
What you are going to do
We at Syngenta take the Health and Safety of our employees seriously, as we take care of our environment seriously. Shortly we will embark on a project aimed at giving us seamless management of our chemicals across our site and business units. For this project we are looking for a multi-talented trainee, capable of understanding chemical management and safety, and also capable at managing information, and working with a wide variety of people across Syngenta.
Within our Enkhuizen site we operate a number of different activities, from laboratories to trial fields, to preparation of seeds for the market. One common strand in these operations is the use of chemicals, both as plant protection products, in research, and as fertilizers to promote the growth of our crops. With such a diverse use of chemicals we have launched a project to ensure we manage our chemicals to the best possible international practice and are moving towards a full chemical management system. We intend to have the locations, usages, stock management, safety management and compliance for our chemicals managed seamlessly within our businesses.
- A student of safety agriculture, chemicals, or a closely related discipline
- Able to work safely with chemicals and showing understanding of hazard categories and safe management of chemicals
- Able to work with a wide variety of people across Syngenta.
- You have skills in information gathering, and be naturally inquisitive and curious, so as to be able to determine the locations of chemicals and engage with the users
- Team working is very important, as is the ability to be a leader and show commitment to safety by example.
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with more than 27.000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Through world-class science, global reach and commitment to our customers we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life. For more information about us please go to www.syngenta.com.
Take your chance
Apply for this internship via the website of Syngenta. If you would like to have more information feel free to contact our recruiter Arjen Mol by phone on (+31) 228 366195 or at Arjen.firstname.lastname@example.org.