What you tell your friends you are doing
“Researching seed to improve the quality”
What you are going to do
The Seed Production Department is responsible to produce high quality seed on a large scale all over the world. Most seed productions are outsourced at specialized seed production companies. Based on a monthly seed supply meeting the Seed Production Department agrees on a production program with the seed producer. The Seed Production department prepares the whole program in Enza Zaden’s ERP system and sends the needed stock seed to the seed producer.
This stock seed is the basis for hybrid seed cultivation. The requirements we apply to the seed are high. Each time we are looking for improvements in the stock seed quality. In various areas, these improvements can be sought, namely: cultivation, harvesting, processing or upgrading of the stock seed.
- Your assignment in this internship will be in one of these areas of work, in consultation with your internship and your interests.
- You analyse the current situation, you investigate change and / or improve proposals and measure and judge whether the intended results are achieved.
- In the last year of a bachelor in the field of agriculture, agronomy or plant biology
- You are motivated for field and lab work
- Knowledge of plant and seed physiology
- Knowledge of statistical analysis.
- You have good organisational skills and able to work independentl
- Good level of English
About Enza Zaden
We are an independent vegetable seed company, breeding, producing and marketing our varieties all over the world. There’s a good chance that you’ll find our tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, lettuce or other vegetables on your plate, no matter where you are. As an employee of Enza Zaden, you’ll have more than 1500 colleagues of 40 nationalities worldwide. Strong team players with an entrepreneurial spirit who easily take responsibilities is exactly what we like to see in our employees here at Enza Zaden. We offer you a positive working environment and ample opportunities for personal development.
Take your chance
Apply for this internship via the website of Enza Zaden. For more information please contact Jeroen Schouten, HR Generalist at Enza Zaden, phone +31 (0)228 350 100