What you tell your friends you are doing
“I am part of the tomato-breeding department which develops tomato varieties that are in line with market demand.”
What you are going to do
- Lead QTL mapping project(s) independently under the supervision of the biotech breeder
- Develop the phenotyping protocol and perform the phenotyping and QTL mapping analysis
- Help with lab work and help the molecular researcher with genotyping
- Discover the tomato breeding process by helping the breeders and assistant breeders
- You work under the guidance of the Biotech Breeder tomato
- In the final phase of the study in Plant Genetics or Plant Breeding (MSc level)
- Interested in vegetable breeding and innovation
- You are willing to do practical applied research
- You are accurate and you are able to work autonomously, but also in teams
About Enza Zaden
We are an independent vegetable seed company, breeding, producing and marketing our varieties all over the world. There’s a good chance that you’ll find our tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, lettuce or other vegetables on your plate, no matter where you are. As an employee of Enza Zaden, you’ll have more than 1500 colleagues of 40 nationalities worldwide. Strong team players with an entrepreneurial spirit who easily take responsibilities is exactly what we like to see in our employees here at Enza Zaden. We offer you a positive working environment and ample opportunities for personal development.
Take your chance
Apply for this internship via the website of Enza Zaden.