What you tell your friends you are doing
“I’m developing an analytics framework that can translate the digital phenotypes into customer centric breeding decision, and I will implement this framework in our data analysis pipeline. ”
What you are going to do
You will support developing a strategy and approach to prioritize and value fruit attributes to advance Bayer’s vegetable products in a customer centric fashion. The finding and algorithm built in the project will enhance our understanding on what traits are most critical ones and should be prioritized in breeding efforts. This will also support decision making in product advancement in R&D pipeline.
The key mission is to develop an analytics framework that can translate the digital phenotypes into customer centric breeding decision, and implement this framework in our data analysis pipeline. This includes:
- Generating a training dataset in collaboration with breeders and scientists by:
a. Collect phenotypic measurements using digital phenotyping tool
b. Gaining customer preference in collaboration with Trait Discovery team.
- Developing algorithms/model based on the training dataset.
- Validate the algorithm using an independent dataset (such as sensory panel data) to gain confidence on the model performance.
- Incorporating model into our data analytics pipeline in partnership with multi-functional teams.
- Are a MSc student in Computer Science, Statistics, Horticulture, Agronomy, Crop Science, Engineering.
- Have demonstrated analytical skills
- Have preferably an agricultural background
- Are proactive and adaptability skills
- Possess strong communication skills
- Are a quick learner
- Are available from March onwards
At Bayer, we are visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and strive for a world where ‘Health for all, hunger for none’ is no longer a dream but a real ambition. We do this with energy, curiosity and strong dedication. In doing so, we constantly learn from unique perspectives that others offer us, we broaden our thinking, expand our possibilities and redefine ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to come work with us. If you aspire to a varied and meaningful career together with brilliant and versatile colleagues, to really make a difference, there is only one choice.
Take your chance
Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply online by sending us your resume and cover letter. Do you have a question or do you want to learn more about the position? You can always contact Josse Derks via firstname.lastname@example.org or take a look at the Bayer website
What can you expect? The application process consists of a phone screening, a personality questionnaire and reasoning test and an interview with the recruiter and hiring manager.