What you tell your friends you are doing
“I speed up breeding efficiency from brassica’s.”
What you are going to do
As a Computer Data Science intern, you will provide computational/programming support to an innovative project in Brassica breeding that aims to speed up breeding efficiency by developing an application that will be used in the daily pollination work. Activities can include, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop digital workflow solutions that can help to automate our daily pollination work.
- Developing an app that enables breeding users to speed up pollination efficiency and analyze pollination-related data.
- Contribute to connecting the new app to our current data system and to external devices such as label printers and seed counters.
- A current Master or Bachelor student. A background in Agriculture is preferred
- Have experience with data handling, coding (VBA, Python, R, C++), and interest in practical breeding work
- Desire to attain applied research experience
- Fluent both in Dutch and English, written as well as spoken.
- Available from second half o March 2022, for a minimum period of 6 months.
About Bayer Crop Science
At Bayer, we are committed to improving lives through a food system that is better for farmers, consumers and the planet. These targets will be both ambitious and time-bound, with a combination of long-term thinking and short- to mid-term goals.
We cannot realize this vision alone. Turning today’s impossibilities into tomorrow’s breakthroughs requires strong collaboration with scientists, innovators, regulators, and farmers.
Take your chance
Interested? Read more and apply online. If you would like to have more information feel free to contact Josse Derks.