What you tell your friends you are doing
“I’m working very closely with Seed Technology scientists to perform, execute and evaluate a research experiment regarding ‘seed shelf life’.”
What you are going to do
Bayer’s science division in Bergschenhoek, is currently looking for a Seed Technology Intern to join their Global Vegetable Seed Technology Discovery Team. This team conducts seed research in various areas including enhancement, upgrading, sanitation, phenotyping, and seed treatment. As a Seed Technology Intern, you will work very closely with Seed Technology scientists to perform, execute and evaluate a research experiment regarding ‘seed shelf life’.
You will be involved in a seed technology project along with Seed Technology scientists. Your tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Conducting experiments in a laboratory environment for protocol development and pre-implementation needs.
- Documenting experimental results meticulously.
- Analyzing data through statistical programs.
- Reporting verbally upon demand, and writing a final report.
- You will be responsible for compliance in the field of Health, Safety and Environment, and adhere to the Covid measures on-site and to the Bayer confidentiality agreement for Intellectual-Property-sensitive information.
- You have an HBO or WO Bachelor’s degree in (plant/seed) physiology, or other related fields.
- You already have some experience with working in a laboratory environment and designing scientific experiments.
- You possess the ability to prioritize and plan, take initiative, and exhibit foresight.
- You are able to analyze and interpret data, manage, and document experiments.
- A fluent command of both spoken and written English; command of Dutch is useful but not required.
- You are a great team player with the ability and passion to learn. Some of your strengths are collaboration, communication, being organized and detailed oriented. You work well independently or in a team.
- You also have a strong technical background to help you navigate the work field and you possess excellent planning skills.
- You are available for 4-5 days per week, for a period of at least 6 months. We are flexible regarding the starting date of this internship.
As a modern employer, we Bayer takes care of their interns. They help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. They offer our interns a wide range of learning opportunities, a modern working environment and a competitive compensation. Bayer interns benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
- An internship allowance of €400 per month for MBO students, €500 per month for Bachelor students and €600 per month for Master students, based on a full-time work week.
- The opportunity to gain practical experience within a market-leading, international organization.
- Due to a broad scope of activities, you will get to deal with many different people and processes within Bayer Crop Science/Bayer Medical Care/ Bayer Consumer Health/ Bayer Pharmaceuticals.
- Gaining experience in a team of enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues.
Be innovative, be Bayer. They shape the future of everyday health, patient care and agriculture. Together, we can advance health and nutrition for all. Guided by our purpose ‘science for a better life’, rooted in our LIFE-values and steered by the organization’s strategy, we reach for our ambitious vision. Help bring this vision to life: Health for all, hunger for none.
Take your chance
Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply by sending them your resume and cover letter via the website of Bayer. Do you have a question or do you want to learn more about the position? You can always contact Stephanie Rijcken via email@example.com.
What can you expect? The application process consists of a phone screening and an interview with the recruiter and hiring manager.