Sign up to join a company visit to Bejo and the recordings of Seed Valley Talks. It will take place on the 11th of April from 10:30-17:00 hrs (optionally you can also join at 14:30 hours). The whole day will be around: the growing data puzzle of breeding companies. A small cucumber seed looks inconspicuous, but inside it is bursting with technical ingenuity. Breeding companies use state-of-the-art analysis equipment to systematically study the DNA of plants and identify desirable characteristics. We do this on a large scale, for large quantities of plants, and at a fast pace. Breeding companies collect millions of data points each year. The search for the perfect plant has become a real data enigma. Curious to know more…?
You are invited! The program will start at 10:30 hours from Alkmaar train station. The company visit is only for a limited number of students (max. 20), so there’s also the option to only join the afternoon program from 14:30 hours. Check here the full program:
- 10:30 hours departure from station Alkmaar by bus (arrival IC from Leiden at 10:26 hours)
- 10:45 hours arrival at Bejo
- 11:00 hours bio-informatics presentation at Bejo
- 12:15 hours lunch
- 12:45 hours tour Bejo
- 14:00 hours departure by bus to Podium Victorie, Alkmaar
- 14:30 hours preparations Seed Valley Talks
- 15:00 hours start Seed Valley Talks recordings (see green program)
- 16:30 hours networking drinks
See you on the 11th of April!
Team Seed Valley