What you tell your friends you are doing
“My developed app speeds up Brassica breeding.”
What you are going to do
As an intern for data science, you will be supporting a project in Brassica breeding that aims to speed up the breeding efficiency, by developing an app for daily pollination work. You will design and develop digital workflow solutions that help automate the daily pollination work. Next to that you will be developing an app that enables breeders to speed up pollination efficiency and analyse the pollination related data. You will contribute to connecting the new app to the present data system and other devices such as label printers and seed counters.
- A graduate Bsc or MSc student.
- Experience and knowledge with data handling, coding (Python, R, C++).
- High interest to work with practical breeding work
- A desire to attain applied research experience.
- Strong communication- and computer skills.
- Fluency in English, written as well as spoken.
- Self-motivated, innovative, independent and results oriented networker.
- Available from February, for a period of 6-8 months.
About Bayer Crop Science
Bayer is an innovative life science company. At Bayer, they seek breakthrough solutions to some of the greatest challenges of our time: good health for all and enough food for a fast-growing world population. In the Benelux, more than 2.300 employees work at 10 different sites.
The division Crop Science focuses on seeds, crop protection and non-agricultural pest control. This is divided into crop protection/seeds and environmental Science. Crop Protection/Seeds has a wide range of high-quality seeds and innovative chemical and organic crop protection products. In addition, they also offer a comprehensive service to support modern and sustainable agriculture. Environmental Science focuses on non-agricultural applications with a wide range of pest control products and support services, both for home/garden and for forestry.