About the job
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice. Field research Intern
As a field research intern you get to work on trial design, practical implementation, reporting and analyzing throughout the Netherlands and Belgium. Performing these activities will help our seed production team create more proficient products that need less chemicals to thrive and reduce the team’s workload. In addition, your on-site support will provide crucial information about the trials designed and on the climate registration programs used by our vendors. You will mainly be working at our research field in Enkhuizen where you will be supported by a dynamic and knowledgeable seed production team. With your input and expertise we can optimize seed production at Bayer!
Your primary responsibilities:
- Supporting role in a project for the Meet or Beat EU Carbon Reduction Objective. Create a field design trail with the purpose of growing with less chemicals and fertilizers. Then monitor it, collect data and assess crops.
- Supporting role in a resilient growing projects. Monitor, collect data and assess crops.
- Supporting role in an irrigation project. Monitor, collect data and assess crops.
- Analyze harvest moments and techniques and give recommendations.
- Collect data on climate that will be used for early pest and disease detection in several countries.
- Analyze and report collected data.
Creating value to, on and beyond the farm by offering tailored solutions, that’s what we do. At Bayer Vegetable Seeds, we are dedicated to developing new vegetable seed varieties that growers around the world can cultivate. By combining our passion and in-depth knowledge, we strive for crop optimization and innovation for the benefit of farmers, consumers, and our planet. From glasshouses to open fields, we join our forces with science and mother nature to advance health and nutrition. Do you want to join this team as well?
Who you are:
- You are a bachelor student of plant sciences, horticulture, agribusiness or similar studies.
- You are knowledgeable and have experience working with plants.
- You know how to collect data in the field.
- You want to do field research and see the process through.
- You have strong communication skills which are needed for written and oral reports.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch language.
- You are available from September until February.
- Preferably, you know how to recognize pests and diseases on plants.
- Preferably, you speak Dutch in order to be able to communicate with our growers.
- Preferably, you have a driver’s license in order to be able to visit trial fields in Noord-Holland.
What Bayer offers you:As a modern employer, we take care of our interns. We help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. We offer our interns a wide range of learning opportunities, a modern working environment and a competitive compensation. Bayer interns benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
- An internship allowance of €500 per month for Bachelor students and €600 per month for Master students, based on a full-time work week.
- The opportunity to gain practical experience within a market-leading, international organization.
- Due to a broad scope of activities, you will get to deal with many different people and processes within Bayer Crop Science.
- Gaining experience in a team of enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply online by sending us your resume and cover letter. Do you have a question, or do you want to learn more about the position? You can always contact Luuck.email@example.com.What can you expect? The application process consists of a phone screening and an interview with the recruiter and hiring manager.Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via? https://career.bayer.be/en/teambayerbenelux/ ?and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!We do not accept any unsolicited applications and?agencies.
Do you want to work in a place where you can be just YOU?Your unique personality, background and talents help build a strong, diverse and inclusive Bayer.So join us!
Be You, Be Bayer.
Location:Netherlands : Netherlands : Bergschenhoek