At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Software and Seed Technology Intern
For our crop science division in Bergschenhoek, we are currently looking for an intern to join our Global Vegetable Seed Technology. This team conducts seed research in various areas for our business needs. As a Software and Seed Technology Intern, you will work very closely with our scientists and laboratory supervisor to perform, execute and evaluate a research experiment regarding seed phenotyping and/or software development for laboratory management.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Conducting experiments or trials in a laboratory environment for algorithm development and imaging platform
- Developing a planning software to support laboratory management
- Documenting experimental results meticulously
- Analyzing data through statistical programs
- Reporting verbally upon demand, and writing a final report
- You will be responsible for compliance in the field of Health, Safety and Environment, and adhere to the Bayer confidentiality agreement for Intellectual-Property-sensitive information.
Creating value to, on and beyond the farm by offering tailored solutions, that’s what we do. At Bayer Vegetable Seeds, we are dedicated to developing new vegetable seed varieties that growers around the world can cultivate. By combining our passion and in-depth knowledge, we strive for crop optimization and innovation for the benefit of farmers, consumers and our planet. From glasshouses to open fields, we join our forces with science and mother nature to advance health and nutrition. Do you want to join this team as well?
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in automation or imaging or machine learning or related field
- You are in a program to obtain a Master’s degree in automation or imaging or machine learning or related field
- You already have some experience with conducting trials and designing scientific experiments, independently and/or with some support
- You are comfortable in programming language(s) such as Phyton or C++ or R or Matlab or etc
- You can prioritize and plan, take initiative, and exhibit foresight
- You can analyze and interpret data. Furthermore, you can manage and document experiments.
- You are detailed oriented with strong communication skill
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English (command of Dutch is useful but not required)
- You are a great team player with the ability and passion to learn and work well independently or in a team.
- You have a strong technical background and troubleshooting skill to help you navigate the work field
- You are available for 5 days per week, for a period of at least 3-6 months. We are flexible regarding the starting date of this internship.
As a modern employer, we take care of our interns. We help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. We offer our interns a wide range of learning opportunities, a modern working environment and a competitive compensation. Bayer interns benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
- An internship allowance of €600 per month for Masters students based on a full-time work week.
- The opportunity to gain practical experience within a market-leading, international organization.
- Due to a broad scope of activities, you will get to deal with many different people and processes within Bayer Crop Science/Bayer Medical Care/ Bayer Consumer Health/ Bayer Pharmaceuticals.
- Gaining experience in a team of enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply online by sending us your resume and cover letter. Do you have a question or do you want to learn more about the position? You can always contact Sanne Kroos via Sanne.Kroos@bayer.com.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via https://career.bayer.be/en/teambayerbenelux/ and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
We do not accept any unsolicited applications and agencies.